[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
### Board mmajunke.de ### • Thema anzeigen - Questionmark in Lieu of Country Flag

### Board mmajunke.de ###

Board zu Themen der Website www.mmajunke.de
Aktuelle Zeit: Mi 27. Jan 2021, 21:26

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Questionmark in Lieu of Country Flag
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Mi 2. Mai 2012, 05:06 
Beobachter
Beobachter

I have Visitors Counter version 2.0.2 running under Joomla 2.5.4. I installed and configured Visitors Counter without errors. The module was running as expected showing the country flag for about 10 days.For some reason two days ago it stopped displaying country flags and displayed a question mark in its place. The visit counters appear to be working normally. How would you suggest I troubleshoot this problem.

Thank you,

Tom

Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Mi 2. Mai 2012, 12:58 

Hi Tom,

i think it is because your ip address.

The Background:
the counter determines the country of an ip-adress with the database from . But the last update from this database was 2010. Thus, i think you got a new ip-adress which is not included in that database.

I can make a test for you if you send me your Website-URL. My Ip-Adress is well known.

Greetings
Micha

Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 4. Mai 2012, 03:14 
Beobachter
Beobachter

I don't think this is caused by my IP Address. My site is hosted at GoDaddy.com. When I initially installed Visitors Counter it displayed the US flag. I rarely have visitors from other countries because on my site content. The module worked correctly until about 1 week ago when the module displayed the attached screen shot. I had done no other configuration on the module after the initial install and configuration before the error occurred.

Dateianhänge:
Dateikommentar: Partial screen shot of Visitors Counter error.
Visitors Counter Error.png
Visitors Counter Error.png [ 14.43 KiB | 14966-mal betrachtet ]
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Fr 4. Mai 2012, 07:45 

Hi,

before looking for another problem, can you do a little test: what you see on my ?

If you also see "?" then it is because your ip address.
If you see the "US" Flag, then we must check the ip-address for your request, which is stored in the counter-database.

Greetings
Micha

Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: So 6. Mai 2012, 00:47 
Beobachter
Beobachter

I went to the demo site - it shows a US flag. I have attached a partial screen shot.

Dateianhänge:
Test Site Image_ipv.png
Test Site Image_ipv.png [ 11.27 KiB | 14954-mal betrachtet ]

Zuletzt geändert von micha am So 6. Mai 2012, 09:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
hide ip address
Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: So 6. Mai 2012, 09:47 

ok..

then we must check which ip address the counter received.
In rare cases the provider used a proxy and the counter got the wrong ip address. But then also the count's should be not correct. For that case there is a counter parameter "Behind Proxy".

But first: let us check the database.

You need a mysql-tool, e.g. phpmyadmin. Go to the counter table, e.g. jos_vvisitcounter ( jos_ = joomla prefix ; vvisitcounter = setting in counter ) or use this SQL-Script :

SELECT * FROM jos_vvisitcounter ORDER BY id DESC

If you open your website in your browser, a new line should be inserted in database. Which ip-address is it ? Your ip address or other ?

Can you do this ?

Greetings
Micha

PS.: what see other peoples ( e.g. your friends ) on your site ? also the "?"

Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: So 6. Mai 2012, 09:56 

i forgot:

since version 2 as default the counter does not store ip addresses in human readable format.

For the test, you must set the parameter "Store Raw IP" to 'Yes'. Then you can see the ip address in column 'ipraw'.

Greetings
Micha

Ungelesener BeitragVerfasst: Mo 27. Aug 2012, 06:33 
Mitglied
Mitglied

I saw the same behaviour, I saw a question mark if I activate it on my own page.
If I go to the demosite I see the right flag.
Looking in the database, I don't see the iptocounty table, and setting 'create table' to 'yes' (as mentioned in the docs) doesn't make it create the table.
I had to set 'create ip country table' to yes, and try quite a few times before it got created.
On top of that, the module doesn't respect the table-prefix set globaly on the site, it just uses jos.

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde